QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1240|回复: 0

英语小故事:One More Use for Artists

[复制链接]
边走边看吧 发表于 2012-10-12 14:50:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?快速注册

中国英语网是目前国内最大的英语门户网站之一,覆盖范围广,试用人群广,知识含量高,资源丰富,内容详尽,集娱乐学习于一身,更多详情请点击:英语朗诵文章看图背单词英语四级学习网站英语四级学习

英语小故事:One More Use for Artists

A great raja's daughter was beautiful and talented, and she loved to hunt in the woods on horseback. One day, as she was galloping after a fine buck, she suddenly found herself in a dense forest, all alone. She climbed a tree to see if she could spot her followers anywhere in the distance. As she reached the top branch, she was shocked to see a great forest fire. She watched the fire lapping up trees and shrubs, closing in with tongues of flame on the nests of birds and the lairs of animals, destroying everything in its way. Herds of deer and other animals ran about in a frenzy of fear, and birds of various colors were suffocated by the thick smoke, screaming and screeching as they fell into the fire.
In the midst of this horrible scene, the princess was deeply moved to see a pair of wild geese trying very hard to save their young ones, their little chicks who didn't even have wings yet. As they tried to carry them here and there, they flew distractedly while the fire came towards them closer and closer. They had very little hope of saving themselves or their young ones. As the fire was about to catch the nest, the old male bird made a last desperate attempt and saved himself by flying to a point of safety, leaving the family behind. The mother goose threw herself as a guard over her little ones, and with all of them screaming wildly, was burned in the flames that closed over them.
The princess watched all this, and as she rode away safely, was both moved and angered by what she had witnessed. "How selfish and unreliable these males are!" she said to herself "I'm sure they are the same all the world over, whether they are birds or beasts or men. I'll have nothing to do with them ever. I'll never trust them." And she made up her mind then and there never to marry, ever.

中国英语网,位您提供全面的英语四级信息和最好听的英文歌曲,为各个领域的人群打造最简洁,最方便的英语学习频道,更多推荐:英语朗诵文章看图背单词英语四级学习网站英语四级学习

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表